Canoe and Kayak Insurance
Canoeing can provide a great form of exercise or adrenaline rush but it is also important to ensure that you can compare canoe insurance quotes so that you can get the best price for the cover you need.
Canoe insurance is a specialist class of insurance which most of the big brand insurance companies won't insure and we aim to help you compare quotes from leading insurance providers.
Key Elements of Canoe Insurance Cover
When you are looking to compare canoe insurance quotes, there are some key elements of the cover offered to look out for when making your choice of insurance provider:
- Comprehensive Cover – where possible you should try and insure your canoe for “comprehensive” cover which includes insurance for accidental damage, theft and malicious damage/vandalism
- Theft Cover – check whether your canoe insurance quote provides cover
- Third Party Liability Insurance – you should obtain a minimum of £1m Third Party Liability insurance for your canoe to ensure you have adequate insurance cover in the event of injury to a third party or damage to their property whilst you are using your canoe
- Racing – if you plan to go racing in your canoe ensure you declare this when obtaining your canoe insurance quote as it may affect your quotation
- White Water/Open Water – if you plan to use your canoe on white/open water check to ensure your canoe insurance quote includes white water and/or open water use (white water is usually defined as British Canoe Union - Waters Grade III or above)
Save Money on Canoe Insurance
If you are looking for cheap canoe insurance quotes then there are a number of ways you can save money on your policy:
- Excess - opting for a higher excess will save you money on your canoe insurance quote
- Storage - insurance premiums can vary according to where your canoe is stored
- Qualifications - insurers will often also offer cheap canoe insurance quotes if you have a relevant qualification e.g. British Canoe Union qualification
- No Claims Bonus - you can also receive a discount on your quote for more than one year's claim free boating